Recipe Author – Valerie Bertinelli (Valerie Bertinelli) – American actress
Arrabiata spicy tomato sauce is one of the simplest sauces for real Italian pasta. For its preparation, ground canned tomatoes are stewed with red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and fresh basil until it is filled with the luxurious aroma of Mediterranean herbs – it will take a matter of minutes. Stir in the sauce boiled pasta penne rigate. Thanks to its tubular shape and ribbed surface, pasta retains a lot of delicious sauce on itself, and you can fully enjoy this rich piquant taste.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr Penne rigate pastes (ribbed feathers)
- 1/4 Art. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 box (750 gr.) Chopped tomatoes, for example, Pomi
- 0.5 tsp red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tsp italian seasoning
- 6 fresh chopped basil leaves + additionally for serving
- Parmesan block for serving
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add coarse salt to boiling water, then add pasta. Boil them in accordance with the instructions on the packaging for about 9 minutes.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil until it starts to flicker. Add garlic and fry, stirring, until aroma, 1-2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped basil.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and optionally basil and serve hot pasta.