Recipe Author – Valerie Bertinelli (Valerie Bertinelli) – American actress
Crispy toasts with delicate avocado pasta are a healthy snack and a great snack for holidays and parties, especially if you decorate them. In addition to avocado pasta with chili pepper, garlic and lime juice, toasted slices of French bread (or baguette) are covered with delicate yogurt cheese labne with honey and decorated with purple inflorescences of baked cauliflower. Collect toasts so that each layer is visible: green, white, purple. Then the appetizer will turn out bright and spectacular, and the taste is simply amazing!
Time: 45 minutes
Amount: 12 toasts
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. small inflorescences of purple cauliflower (about 1 small head of cabbage)
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 2 tbsp. l Zaatar seasonings (Middle Eastern seasoning, which includes thyme, basil, savory, sesame, sumac, salt)
- 12 slices of French bread (1 cm thick)
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. coarsely chopped avocado (approximately 4 small fruits)
- 3-4 tsp chopped fresno pepper (about 2 pods), to taste
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 Art. freshly squeezed lime juice + optionally as needed
- 1.5 tbsp. Labne cheese (approximately 170 gr.)
- 2 tbsp. l honey
- Place the pan in the oven and preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
- Baked cauliflower: Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, mix cauliflower, olive oil and zaatar. When the oven is hot, put the cauliflower on a hot baking sheet, scraping off all the butter and zatar. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is crispy-tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toasts: Heat a grill or grill pan over moderate heat. Put the sliced bread on a clean work surface, grease with olive oil on both sides and salt. When the grill is warm, put the bread and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until marks appear. Remove the toasts on a baking sheet.
- Avocado: put avocado, 3 tbsp. l fresno chili and garlic in a large bowl. Mash the back of the fork to make a paste with small pieces. Add lime juice and salt to taste. Let stand for 5 minutes, then taste and add more salt or lime juice if desired. You can also interfere with the remaining 1 tsp. chili, if you like it sharper!
Labne: mix the labe and honey. Set aside.
- Assembly: Spread the toast evenly with an avocado mixture. Lay the top of the labe, stepping back from the edges of 2 cm. Put on each toast a few pieces of baked cauliflower. Serve immediately.