This dish is prepared in just 20 minutes, and everything in one pan is great for a quick dinner on a weekday. Shrimps are fried with ginger and garlic, and then mixed with spicy Asian sauce and ready-made basmati rice (use the leftovers from last night’s dinner!) Until everything is warm. A little corn starch will help thicken the sauce, and the dish will turn out to be especially delicious. Serve sprinkled with fresh cilantro, and if the taste doesn’t seem explosive enough, sprinkle additional syrach sauce.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.6 kg small shrimp, peeled from shells, tails and intestinal veins
- 1/3 Art. light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. l freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. l hot sauce like Frank’s
- 2 tbsp. l rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp grated red pepper flakes + additionally for serving
- 3 tbsp. l corn starch
- 1/4 Art. vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp grated ginger root
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp. boiled basmati rice
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped into pieces of 1 cm.
- Siraca sauce and fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine brown sugar, orange juice, hot sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and 0.5 tsp. salts; set aside.
- Dry the shrimps thoroughly with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle the shrimp with corn starch and mix to coat. In a large skillet with a non-stick coating over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil until it starts to flicker. Fry the shrimp in hot oil until they turn pink, about 1 minute on each side. Add ginger and garlic. Fry, stirring, until aroma, about 1 minute. Add the sauce, rice and green onions and cook to warm everything for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flakes of red pepper to taste, cilantro leaves and sprinkle with siraca sauce.