This wonderful casserole contains everything you need to please all your family members: elastic egg noodles in sour cream sauce, ground beef in tomato sauce and a lot of melting cheese. Sour cream sauce contains cottage cheese, but even if you don’t like cottage cheese, don’t worry: you won’t feel it. It only gives the casserole more “dampness”. When you have noodles, meat sauce and grated hot cheddar ready, just put everything in alternating layers into a mold and bake. You can cook a large portion and freeze the portion before baking, following the instructions at the end of the recipe.
Time: 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.6 kg ground beef
- 1 can (425 gr.) Of tomato sauce
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 220 gr egg noodles
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 and 1/4 Art. fine curd
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped green onions (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. grated hot cheddar
- French bread with crust for serving
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Toast the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat and then add the tomato sauce, 0.5 tsp. salt and more freshly ground black pepper. Stir and simmer while cooking the rest of the ingredients.
- Boil egg noodles to al dente. Drain and set the noodles aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix sour cream and cottage cheese. Add more freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Stir the sour cream mixture with the noodles. Add green onions and mix.
- For assembly, put half the noodles in a baking dish. Top with half the meat sauce and then sprinkle with half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake until all the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
Serve with french bread.For freezing:
Collect the noodle casserole in a sour cream sauce in a disposable aluminum baking dish and cover tightly with a lid or strong foil. Seal the edges to prevent frostbite and place in the freezer.
For baking frozen noodles:
Place the mold without defrosting in the oven, preheated to 190 ° C, and bake under the foil for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the casserole is lightly browned for another 20 minutes.