A full meal of grilled pork, summer succotash salad and sour cream sauce will be ready in less than half an hour. The preparation uses natural pork loin cutlets on the bones. Salt and pepper them and fry on a charcoal grill (or in a grill pan). Also, grilled corn and red onions for succotash salad will be fried so that its taste is filled with mouth-watering notes of haze. Fried vegetables are mixed with juicy tomatoes and canned black eye beans, and the salad is served with a pork chop. A great addition would be sour cream sauce with the scent of zira and lime.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 natural pork cutlets on bones, 2.5 cm thick. (Approximately 1.3 kg.)
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, sliced into 1 cm thick slices (approximately 450 gr.)
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream
- Zest and lime juice 1
- 1/4 tsp zira
- 1/4 Art. extra-virgin olive oil + extra to grease the grill
- 4 ears of corn peeled
- 1 large red onion, sliced in circles 1 cm thick. (About 220 gr.)
- 1 can (425 g) canned black eye beans, rinse
- 0.5 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill or large grill pan over medium heat.
- Put the tomatoes in a large bowl. Salt, pepper and let stand at room temperature while doing other ingredients.
- Combine sour cream, zest and lime juice, cumin and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the grill with olive oil. Grease pork on all sides 2 tbsp. l olive oil and generously salt and pepper. Lay the pork on one side of the grill (leave room for frying vegetables) and fry until the meat is slightly charred on both sides, and the meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the cutlet shows a temperature of 60 ° C, about 5 minutes each side. Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, generously grease the corn and onion with the remaining 2 tbsp. l olive oil; salt, pepper and grill. Fry the corn until dark spots, 6-8 minutes, periodically turning the ears so that they are fried evenly. Fry the onion until it is charred in places and becomes soft, 6-8 minutes, turning the slices as needed.
- Put the vegetables on a cutting board and cool for 2-3 minutes. When they have cooled enough to be able to hold in your hands, cut the corn from the ears and cut the onion into four parts. Add corn, onions, beans and half parsley to the same large bowl of tomatoes. Mix gently to distribute everything evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the sukkotash in four large plates and lay on top a spoonful of delayed sour cream sauce. Place one cutlet on each plate next to the succotash. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve immediately.
If you are grilling on a charcoal grill, be sure to wait until it warms up properly.