This gorgeous Italian-style fettuccine pasta casserole is incredibly simple and quick to make. Boiled pasta to the state of al dente, pasta is mixed with low-fat sour cream (cream-fresh), Asiago cheese, Parmesan and thyme and additionally sprinkled with grated cheese. When baking, cheeses with sour cream turn into a wonderful sauce, which literally envelops fettuccine, and on top the casserole is covered with a golden crust. The creamy taste of the casserole interestingly complements the fragrant thyme. Serve hot pasta and enjoy viscous cheese.
Time: 35 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp. grated Asiago cheese + 1/4 tbsp.
- 220 gr cream fresh
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1.5 tbsp. l chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are softer, but still dense, for about 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta, pouring separately 1 tbsp.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 tbsp. Asiago cheese, fresh cream, parmesan, thyme, salt, black pepper, pasta water. Mix gently to coat the pasta with the sauce. Transfer it to a baking dish greased with butter and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tbsp. Asiago cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let rest for at least 5 minutes and serve.