These crunchy cheese pockets for tacos are made from only one cheddar and are great for those on a gluten-free or ketogenic diet, as well as for anyone who simply loves cheese. The essence of the preparation is that the grated cheese, laid round on a baking sheet, melts in the oven and turns into a cake, which, when cooled, hardens and becomes crispy. At this point, while the cheese cake is warm and supple, you need to give it a shape. You can throw it on a bridge from a ruler installed between two banks, or, if you prefer wider pockets, on a rolling pin or a sleeve from paper towels.
Time: 30 minutes.
Amount: 4 pockets
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. finely grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Cover the pan with parchment paper. Wrap the line with foil and install it with a bridge on two cans of 800 g each.
- Pour 0.5 tbsp. grated cheddar on a baking sheet to make a circle with a diameter of 15 cm. Repeat the same with 0.5 tbsp. cheese, making 2 circles. Bake the first batch until the cheese is melted and becomes dark golden, 6-8 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cheese circles to the suspended ruler and hang them to form pockets for tacos. Let them cool and harden, then carefully remove. Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Fill pockets with your favorite taco fillings.