Recipe Author – George Stella – Famous Chef and Culinary Writer
If you are waiting for guests for dinner while the meat is in the oven, put the antipasti on the table. This is an Italian-style appetizer that is usually served before the main course. Guests usually adore when in front of them a large selection of small goodies. The main focus of this antipasti will be on Italian meat delicacies. Spread their thin slices on a beautiful board: prosciutto, mortadella, capicola, pepperoni, sopressatu. Several types of cheese will complement this abundance of meat and sausages, but do not forget about vegetables. Olives, baked peppers, slices of fresh cucumbers, canned artichokes – all will do.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 170 gr fresh mozzarella
- 110 gr. thin prosciutto slices
- 110 gr. thin slices of mortadella
- 110 gr. thin slices of capicola
- 1 piece (150-170 gr.) Asiago cheese or aged provolone
- 1 small stick of compressata (dry Italian sausage)
- 1 small pepperoni stick
- 110 gr. (1 small jar) of marinated artichoke cores
- 110 gr. black olives in oil
- 110 gr. (1 small can) canned pepperoni peppers
- 170 gr or 2 baked sweet peppers
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- Prepare two cutting boards: one for work, the other, beautiful, for serving. Expand all the meat and cheeses and place them next to the beautiful board.
- Put fresh mozzarella in a small dish and place on one corner of the board.
- Fold the prosciutto into tubes, fold the mortadella in half 2-3 times, fold the capicolla into the horn and beautifully lay it out on a board. There is no strict sequence of serving meat delicacies, just improvise.
- Slice a little each cheese, sopressatu and pepperoni and put on a board between the folded pieces of meat. Place artichoke cores, olives, pepperoni and baked peppers on the board.
- Lastly, mix a few finely chopped basil leaves with chopped garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle dressing all over the board. Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve with sliced cucumber instead of crackers.
We bring to your attention a collection of recipes: