For a chicken salad to have a wonderful summer taste, you need a grill! Grilled chicken chops and corn fill the salad with mouth-watering notes of haze. Mix them with chopped onions, celery and dill in a cream dressing with feta cheese and add fresh blueberries, which with their sweetness will make the salad taste richer and more multifaceted. The salad is juicy, refreshing and nutritious. Serve it in edible bowls of lettuce leaves to make it convenient to eat with your hands.
Ri Drummond offers this appetizer for backyard parties. At her ranch, she often spends a bachelorette party with close friends, she makes a delicious summer menu, in addition to snacks, she prepares charming desserts in glasses and cocktails.
Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 4 ears of fresh corn (or 2 large)
- 3 tbsp. l chopped fresh dill + additionally for serving
- 3 stalks of celery (inner light green stems with leaves), cut into small cubes
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1.5 tbsp. blueberries
- 3/4 Art. crumbled feta + extra for serving
- 1/4 Art. nonfat cream (10%)
- 1/4 Art. mayonnaise
- 1/4 Art. sour cream
- 1 tsp Sahara
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 1 head of lettuce, divide the leaves
- Put the chicken breasts in a large plastic bag. Beat with a meat hammer or rolling pin to a thickness of 0.5 cm. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the grill and drizzle with olive oil. Grill the chicken on both sides until cooked, about 7 minutes on each side. Turn the chops during frying to get beautiful marks from the grill. Set aside and cool.
- Grill the corn for several minutes to make it softer and brown. With a very sharp knife, cut the grains from each ears. Combine the corn in a large bowl with dill, celery and onions.
- For refueling, mix in a bowl feta, low-fat cream, mayonnaise and sour cream. Add sugar, lemon juice, a little salt and black pepper. Stir and taste. Add more salt if necessary; salt well!
- Slice the chicken obliquely to make flat pieces of arbitrary shape. Throw in a bowl with celery, onion and corn. Stir to evenly distribute. Pour half the dressing into the salad and mix gently. Add more dressings as desired, but do not wet the salad too much; it should be easy! At the end, mix in the blueberries to lightly cover them with dressing.
- Put the salad in the leaves of the lettuce and sprinkle each portion with crumbled feta and dill. If you have a festive mood, serve with champagne!