The steak is a bavet, it is also a sirloin flap steak, cut from the area of the bull’s rump. This inexpensive piece of meat has a rich beef flavor and large fibers. Although the bavet is not as tender as the more expensive steaks, due to its fibrous texture it perfectly absorbs the marinade, and the longer you pickle it, the tastier it will turn out. Put the meat in the marinade in the middle of the week, put it in the refrigerator and on the weekend you can cook a delicious juicy steak. A special seasoning for steak will give it a special taste, the recipe for which is also presented below. Serve the fried steak with cabbage or potato salad.
Time: 40 min plus pickling time
Amount: to a big company
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2.3 kg sirloin flap steak with good marbling
- 180 ml. mixtures of olive and vegetable oil
- 110 gr. steak seasonings, recipe see below
- 40 ml apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Potato salad to serve
- Cole Slow, for serving
Grilled meat seasoning
- 4 tbsp. l orange juice
- 15 gr chopped garlic
- 15 gr chopped onion
- 15 gr ground mustard
- 15 gr mustard seed
- 7 gr. granulated garlic
- 7 gr. granular onions
- 15 gr salt
- 15 gr finely ground black pepper
- 15 gr coarse black pepper
- Remove the silver film and 90% surface fat from the meat with a sharp knife. Slice the meat into 7×7 cm cubes and place them in a container of non-reactive material.
- Combine the oil, steak seasoning and vinegar in a bowl; pour meat. Stir by hand to evenly coat all the pieces with marinade. Marinate the meat in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. The longer, the tastier it will turn out!
- Grill meat to the desired degree of frying and serve with homemade potato salad, cole slow or any other side dish if desired.
Grilled meat seasoning:
In a bowl, combine orange juice, chopped garlic and onions, mustard powder, mustard seeds, dried garlic and onions, salt and black pepper.