Recipe author – Bobby flay (Bobby Fly) – a famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
Recipe Author – Cheryl Jamison is an author of original books, an expert in South American cuisine, an instructor in cooking schools for cooking charcoal (Chimeio, Santa Fe County, New Mexico, USA)
Before smoking, turkey drumsticks are smeared with a mixture of olive oil and Worcester sauce and rubbed with an aromatic mixture of spices and brown sugar. In order for the skin and meat to turn out delicious, it is necessary to process not only the surface of the legs, but also under the skin, carefully separating it with your fingers. Before sending the pickled legs to the smokehouse, bring them to room temperature so that the meat is cooked evenly. And then be patient and enjoy the aromas in anticipation of delicious turkey legs with a delicious crust and tender spicy meat. During smoking, the legs are periodically greased with a special mop sauce. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Time: 5 hours
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 6 turkey legs
- 3 tbsp. l Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- Spice mix, see recipe below
- Mop sauce, see recipe below
- Any barbecue sauce, as needed
- 1/4 Art. seasonings chipotle
- 1 – 2 tbsp. l ground hot chili or paprika
- 1 tbsp. l brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. l barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- A few hours before cooking, separate the skin on the legs of the turkey, passing under it with your fingers as far as possible, without tearing off the skin.
Mix Worcester sauce with vegetable oil. Moisten your fingers in this mixture and rub it thoroughly with the legs of the turkey, trying to penetrate as deep as possible under the skin. Sprinkle the legs with a dry mixture of spices, rubbing under the skin and on the skin. Put the legs in plastic bags and refrigerate.
- Prepare a smokehouse for barbecue warming it up to 90 ° С-100 ° С. Remove the turkey legs from the refrigerator and let them stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Heat mop sauce over low heat.
- Transfer turkey legs to the smokehouse. Smoke until they become very tender, and the juices become transparent, about 3-4 hours. Lubricate them with mop sauce every 45 minutes. Serve the legs hot. And eat with your hands, dipping in your favorite barbecue sauce.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat.