Grilled vegetables and meat give this salad a zest, a special taste with mouth-watering notes of haze. Grill red onions, sweet peppers and New York steak (striploin), chop and add to the salad along with bitter salad greens (watercress or arugula) and sweet cherry tomatoes, seasoned with honey and vinaigrette dressing. Choose peppers of different colors to make your salad look colorful. And the ideal roasting of tender steak is up to an internal temperature of 55 ° C – 60 ° C. If you do not have a meat thermometer, fry for the time specified in the recipe until lightly cooked.
Calories 261, total fat 12 g. saturated fats 3 g. squirrels 28 g. carbohydrates 10 g. cellulose 2,5 g. cholesterol 45 mg., sodium 724 mg., sugar 6 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 New York steak weighing 450 grams, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced in rings 1 cm thick.
- 2 large sweet red, yellow or orange peppers, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tbsp. chopped watercress or arugula
- 1 tbsp. cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- Vegetable oil to grease vegetables + optional to grease the grill
- 1/4 Art. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Art. finely chopped fresh chives
- Vinaigrette dressing:
Combine vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper in a small bowl until the salt has dissolved. Whisk constantly, pour in the olive oil. Add green onions, taste and salt if necessary. Set aside until ready to use.
Preheat the grill to moderate heat (175 ° C) and wipe the wire rack with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil. Lubricate the vegetables with vegetable oil and generously salt and pepper to taste. Grill vegetables, turning occasionally, until soft and charred, about 10 minutes for onions and 15 minutes for pepper. Remove the vegetables from the grill and transfer to a cutting board. Let them cool slightly. Cut the onion rings into four parts, and the pepper into 2 cm cubes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill the steak to the desired degree of frying (about 4 minutes on each side for a low fry). Settle on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the fibers into 1 cm slices and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Pour steak 1/3 of vinaigrette dressing and mix to coat.
Combine pepper, onion, watercress or arugula, tomatoes and the remaining vinaigrette dressing in a large serving bowl. Put the steak on top, salt and pepper to taste and serve.