Recipe Author – Eddie Jackson – American football player (Alabama Crimson Tide football)
To make the flank steak after grilling especially juicy and tender, marinate it overnight in a mixture of vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and a handful of fresh herbs – oregano, parsley and rosemary, which together give the meat a wonderful aroma. As you put the steak on the grill, do not pour the marinade. It will make an excellent sauce, which will need to grease the flank-steak as soon as you remove it from the grill. It is best to fry the steak until lightly cooked, and then let it rest for several minutes. To serve, cut the steak into thin slices across the fibers.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg. flank steak
- 0.5 tbsp. rapeseed oil (canola) + optionally to grease the grill
- 1/4 Art. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- A few drops of Worcester sauce
- To make marinade, mix rapeseed oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, Worcester sauce and a little salt and black pepper in a food processor and beat until everything is evenly distributed.
- Put the steaks in a bag on a ziplock, fill with marinade and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Before grilling, remove the steaks from the bag and pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Brush steaks with this sauce as soon as you remove them from the grill.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Lubricate the wire rack with a little vegetable oil, and then put the steaks in the hottest area of the grill. Depending on the thickness of the steaks and the temperature of the grill, fry the meat for about 3 minutes on each side for a low-fry (flank-steak is best to fry before a low fry). Remove the steaks from the grill, brush with the sauce and let the meat rest for 5-7 minutes.