Lamb loin – juicy and tender meat, which is cut into small meatballs and does not require long pickling. Such cutlets are fried in a matter of minutes. Leave them for about an hour in a marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano (fresh or dried, which is at hand), so that the saturated meat is slightly imbued with a refreshing citrus-spicy aroma. It is best to grill, or use the oven in grill mode. The meat is very aromatic and festive. Serve with lemon wedges to sprinkle with juice.
Time: 1 hour. 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 8 natural lamb cutlets (110 g each), cut off all visible fat
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon (approximately 0.5 tsp)
- Juice of 1 lemon (approximately 2 tbsp. L.)
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped fresh oregano leaves or 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. l chopped garlic
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Put the lamb cutlets in a plastic bag on a ziplock and pour them with marinade. Stir the cutlets in a bag to evenly coat them. Pickle for 1 hour.
- Fry the meatballs on the grill or in the oven in a grill mode for 3-4 minutes on each side for a light roast.