The prime rib beef cut, which is most often baked in the oven for the festive table, will be grilled in this recipe. Following the step-by-step instructions, you will cook the perfect meat without spoiling the so valuable and expensive steak. The main thing is to adhere to two basic rules: bring the meat to room temperature before frying, and allow the cooked steaks to rest after frying. For the best result, stock up on a meat thermometer, and then you will definitely know the degree of steak roasting. During grilling, steaks are covered with a paste of roasted garlic with rosemary and get even more aromatic and tastier. Of the wines, Cabernet Sauvignon is best.
Time: 1 hour.
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 prime rib steaks, each weighing approximately 1 kg. and 2-2.5 cm thick.
- 2 heads of garlic, peel the cloves
- 6 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil, split
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 lemons
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them reach room temperature.
- Sprinkle steaks abundantly on both sides with salt and black pepper. Press the spices into the meat and set aside.
- Make garlic paste:
Trim the stem ends of the garlic cloves.
Place a small frying pan over medium heat and add 4 tbsp. l olive oil. Add the cloves of garlic and wait until they hiss, then reduce the heat to a minimum. Tear off the leaves from two branches of rosemary and chop them to get 2 tbsp. l Add the rosemary to the garlic and fry, periodically stirring with tongs until the cloves turn golden brown for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the garlic cool directly in the oil.
- In a mortar or on a cutting board, mash the garlic into a paste. Combine the mashed garlic with the remaining oil and rosemary. You should get about 0.5 tbsp. paste.
- Put the meat on a hot grill and fry until it is well browned on both sides, about 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side.
Cut 2 lemons in half and cut the ends. Smear with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Put the lemons on the grill with the steaks and fry them, then serve them with meat.
Spread garlic paste for 2 tbsp. l with a slide on top of one fried side of each steak. Place the steaks with the paste up on the grill. Let the meat fry.
- Finish the frying on the cool side of the grill, covered with a lid, or in the oven to the desired degree of frying, 10-12 minutes for blood frying (remove when the meat thermometer shows 49 ° C).
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest on the wire rack for about 10 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- Put the steaks on a cutting board. Cut the meat from the bones. Slice each steak across the fibers into slices.