Recipe author – Bobby fly (Bobby Flay) – famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
This sumptuous salad with Asian flavors and aromas is a great treat for special occasions. Its highlight is a delicious filet mignon steak. Thus, two small but expensive steaks you have enough for four servings. Before grilling, the filet mignon is marinated in a mixture of chili paste with garlic, soy sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice and peanut butter. Only half an hour is enough for tender meat to absorb this piquant taste. Fry it until lightly cooked, cut into thin slices and serve with a salad of fresh vegetables in a tart ginger-lime dressing.
Time: 1 hour. 10 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 filet mignon (340 gr.)
- 3 tbsp. l soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. l freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. l garlic chili pasta
- 1 tbsp. l peanut butter
- 1 head of bibb lettuce, torn into pieces the size of one bite
- 3 tbsp. mizuna leaves torn into slices the size of one bite
- 1/4 Art. Thai basil, thinly sliced or regular basil (optional)
- Half a cucumber, cut in half and cut into slices 0.5 cm thick.
- 2 carrots, cut into strips
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 red and yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
Ginger Lime Dressing
- 1/4 Art. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. l rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. l diced shallots
- 1 tbsp. l finely grated ginger root
- 2 tsp Sahara
- 2 tbsp. l peanut butter
- In a small baking dish, mix soy sauce, lime juice, chili paste and peanut butter. Add steaks and flip over to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle black pepper on both sides and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly cooked and browned. Remove from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes and cut into slices 0.5 cm thick. Serve the steak with butter.
While the meat is resting, mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with half the dressing, salt and pepper. Transfer to a dish, lay the steak on top and sprinkle with the remaining dressing.
Ginger Lime Dressing:
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow 10 minutes to brew before use.