Recipe author – Robert Irwin (Robert Irvine) – famous chef, TV presenter, culinary writer, co-owner of the restaurant
Everyone will be delighted with this Latin American dish. Grilled Beef Steak (Spanish Churrasco) Served with Argentinean Fresh Herbs Chimichurri Sauce. The preparation uses a dense skirt steak, which requires a long pickling. Start cooking the day before frying. Both marinated meat and sauce take time to brew in the refrigerator. And before serving, fry the meat for several minutes on a street grill and serve, pouring a refreshing chimichurri sauce and adding a side dish of rice.
Time: 35 minutes plus pickling time
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 skirt steak weighing 1 kg., Cut into 4 steaks of 250 g.
- 1/3 Art. grape seed oil
- 15 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. thinly chopped onion
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 8 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 lime zest and juice
- 1.5 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 Art. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 Art. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/3 Art. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. l butter
- Half lime juice
- 4 tbsp. boiled white rice, for serving
In a large ziplock plastic bag, mix grape seed oil, garlic, onions, oregano, and orange juice. Add the steaks and marinate them for 24 hours in the refrigerator to flavor and soften the meat.
In a bowl, combine garlic, zest and lime juice, cilantro, parsley, oregano, vinegar, chili flakes, olive oil and a little salt and black pepper. Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for the night to mix the flavors.
- Sprinkle the steaks lightly with salt and black pepper and place them on a very hot grill. Fry for 3 minutes on each side. Put the steaks on a plate and let them rest. Put butter on top and sprinkle with lime juice for flavor.
- Arrange the steaks on plates, adding to each serving 1 tbsp. white rice; pour some chimichurri on the meat. Serve with the remaining chimichurri nearby.