Grilled kebab pizza is great as an original appetizer for home parties. Such a presentation will especially appeal to children, because it will be interesting for them to help you collect skewers, and then eat everything with your hands, without cutlery. For cooking, plant all the components of traditional pizza on wooden skewers: pieces of dough, natural sausages and small grape tomatoes. A few minutes before cooking, the kebabs are covered with pieces of mozzarella. Sprinkle them with fresh basil and serve with dipping marinara sauce.
Time: 40 min
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 gr prepared sweet Italian chicken sausages (about 4 pcs.), sliced 1 cm thick.
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Grated red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 Art. extra virgin olive oil to grease the grill
- 2 tbsp. l italian seasoning
- Premium flour, for work
- 220 gr pizza dough chilled
- 2 tbsp. grape tomatoes (24-30 pcs.)
- 450 gr thinly sliced mozzarella
- 0.5 tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. any marinara sauce warmed for dipping
- Special equipment: 8 wooden skewers 30 cm long.
- Soak eight wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to high heat. Cut a square piece of foil 30 cm long.
- Combine olive oil, Italian seasoning and 1 tsp in a large bowl. salt.
Sprinkle flour on the work surface. Roll the dough into a rectangle measuring approximately 27.5x15x0.5 cm. Using a pizza wheel or knife, cut the dough into strips 2.5 cm wide, and then into 2.5 cm squares.
Put slices of dough, tomatoes and sausage in spiced olive oil and mix gently to coat evenly.
- Working quickly so that the dough does not heat up, put alternately on the skewers slices of sausage (pierce them through the peel), tomatoes and squares of dough (pierce them through the opposite sides of each square so that they fry flat). Leave 1 cm of skewer at both ends empty. Each skewer should have 4 pieces of sausage and dough and about 3 tomatoes.
- Grill kebabs with a lid until the tomatoes are covered with marks from the wire rack, and the dough rises, 2-3 minutes. Put the prepared foil on the grill grid, and transfer the skewers onto the foil with the side fried up, so that they almost touch. Put mozzarella on top and grill, cover, until the tomatoes are soft, the squares of the dough will double in size and the mozzarella will melt, another 3 minutes.
- Place the kebabs in four plates. Tear the basil leaves and sprinkle on top. Serve with dipping marinara sauce and place the parmesan and red pepper flakes on the table.