It is believed that a real Florentine beef steak is a beef steak grilled on charcoal, but if you can’t ignite the grill, you can cook this recipe in a grill pan on the stove. Tibon steaks are rubbed with garlic, sprinkled with salt and black pepper and infused for about 1 hour, and then grilled to the desired degree of roasting and a delicious brownish crust. Serve them with grilled vegetables. The recipe indicates the frying time for yellow zucchini, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, asparagus and green onions – an excellent addition to steaks for a bright summer backyard dinner.
Time: 1 hour. 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 steaks of tibon (0.7 kg each. 4 – 4.5 cm thick each)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 red sweet peppers, peeled and cut in half
- 3 yellow zucchini (approximately 0.5 kg. Total), sliced lengthwise into rectangular slices 1 cm thick.
- 3 zucchini (a total of approximately 350 gr.), Cut lengthwise into rectangular slices 1 cm thick.
- 3 Japanese eggplants (approximately 350 g total) sliced lengthwise into rectangular slices 1 cm thick.
- 12 champignons
- 1 bunch (450 gr.) Asparagus, trimmed
- 12 green onion feathers, cut off the roots
- 1/4 Art. + 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3 tbsp. l balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 0.5 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Rub the meat and bones of the steaks with garlic cloves. Sprinkle steaks with salt and black pepper. Put in the refrigerator and leave for about 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before frying so that the meat warms to room temperature.
- Place the grill pan over high heat or heat the grill to a moderate to high heat. Grill steaks to the desired degree of frying, turning once, about 5 minutes on each side for cooking with blood, 7 minutes on each side for weak cooking. To get beautiful and clear marks from the grill, put the steaks and fry without moving. Then turn over and fry on the other side without moving.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing, otherwise all the juices will flow on the cutting board. Drag the knife along the bone and cut the meat from the bone. Cut the meat into 2 cm slices. Transfer the slices to a dish. Sprinkle steaks with lemon juice. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately with grilled vegetables.
- Grilled vegetables:
Place the grill pan over medium heat or preheat the grill to moderate heat. Lubricate vegetables 1/4 tbsp. olive oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Fry vegetables a few pieces until soft and clear from the wire rack, about 8-10 minutes for sweet pepper; 7 minutes for zucchini, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms; 4 minutes for asparagus and green onions. Arrange the vegetables on the platter. To make vegetables covered with delicious marks from the grill, put them on the grill and fry without moving too often.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 2 tbsp in a small bowl. l olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil and rosemary. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle vegetables with herbs and serve hot or at room temperature.