Recipe author – Bobby fly (Bobby Flay) – famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
To assemble these tacos you will need a ready-made grilled chicken. You can use the leftovers or buy a finished one at the supermarket. And all that remains for you is to prepare the sauce, chop the chicken and mix these two components to make a delicious filling for tacos. It will take less than half an hour, and the taste of the sauce is very rich and multifaceted. It contains vegetable physalis (tomato) and serrano pepper, which are pre-fried to charred spots, then they will give the sauce a unique taste with notes of haze. And the hotness of serrano pepper in the sauce perfectly balances a spoonful of honey. Collect tacos, sprinkle with keso fresco cheese and enjoy a wonderful combination of tastes, sitting comfortably in front of the TV.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.5 tbsp. grilled chicken
- 8 blue corn tortillas
- 6 tomato (vegetable physalis), peeled, washed and grilled to black spots
- 1 grilled serrano pepper to black spots
- Olive oil
- Half a small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tbsp. l honey
- 1 tbsp. crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Preheat the grill to moderate heat. Add the fried tomato and serrano peppers to a small pan and lightly fry in a small amount of olive oil directly on the grill.
- Combine the tomatoes, serrano, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and honey in a blender and beat until smooth. Put the mixture in a large pan and place on the grill. Bring the sauce to a boil, add the chicken and warm it.
- Place the tortillas on the wire rack and fry for 20 seconds on each side. Put the chicken mixture on the tortillas and add a few tablespoons of keso fresco. Fold the cakes in half and serve immediately.