Recipe author – Bobby flay (Bobby Fly) – a famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
Bibimbap is one of the most popular rice-based Korean dishes with various toppings. Tasty, satisfying and nutritious, it is traditionally served in hot stone bowls, in which rice remains warm for a long time, and a crispy crust forms at the bottom of it. But you can serve a bibimbap in a regular soup bowl. Boiled rice is laid out in a bowl, and on top is decorated with bulgogi, grilled slices of tender beef in Asian spices, vegetables (carrots, spinach, bean sprouts), fried shiitake mushrooms and fried eggs. A mandatory component of traditional bibimbap is Kochujan pasta. Mix it with the rest of the ingredients just before eating.
Time: 2 hours 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Rice and vegetables
- Steamed White Rice
- Pulcogi, see recipe below
- 1 carrot, chopped into thin strips
- Bean sprouts, fried in a small amount of sesame or peanut butter and salted
- Spinach fried in a small amount of sesame or peanut butter and salted
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced, fried in peanut butter and salted
- 1 fried egg on both sides
- 1 tbsp. l sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. l dark sesame oil
- Soy sauce to taste
- Kochujan pasta, recipe see below
- 450 gr ribeye steak
- 0.5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Korean or Asian pear, grated (with juices)
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped garlic
- Half a small white onion, grate or chop finely
- 1 tbsp. l grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. l light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 2 tbsp. l toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. l dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. l ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 bottle (0.6 l.) Lemon-lime sparkling water, optional (recommended: Sprite or 7-Up)
Kochujan pasta (pepper paste)
- 4 tbsp. l Kochkhujan (can be bought on the Korean market)
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put the boiled rice in a large shallow bowl. Put bulgogi (with juices secreted from the meat) and vegetables on top of the rice, but separately so that each component is distinguishable. Lay the scrambled eggs next to it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce.
Can be cooked in a regular or hot stone bowl. If done in a hot stone bowl, rice will continue to cook when served and will turn out crispy from below.
- Before eating, mix all the ingredients with a small amount of Kochujan paste to taste. Bibimbap should be wet, not dry. Add more sesame oil if necessary.
Place the ribeye steak for about 30 minutes in the freezer to make it easier to chop thinly. When the meat is partially frozen, remove it from the freezer and chop it thinly. Set aside.
In a large baking dish, mix all the marinade ingredients. Add the thinly sliced beef and flip to completely cover. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight (it is best to pickle overnight).
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the beef from the marinade and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside until ready to assemble the bibimbap.