These tiny steamed-bite pizzas will be a great snack at a buffet table or at a home party. The basis of pizza is a regular pizza dough, from which small crusts are cut using a round cutting for cookies. And topping will be a sweet-spicy caramelized onion with goat cheese. After baking, garnish each pizza with a thin slice of prosciutto ham and a leaf of fresh herbs, parsley or rosemary. This appetizer looks very elegant, and the taste is refined. To simplify your work, use purchased pizza dough, and onions can be caramelized in advance.
Time: 1 hour. 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp grated black pepper
- 1 tsp provence herbs
- 1 tsp Sahara
- 1 ball of pizza dough (approximately 350-450 gr.)
- 80 gr. crumbled goat cheese (about 0.5 tbsp.)
- 60-90 gr. prosciutto (about 5 large slices), cut into pieces 5×5 cm.
- Fresh sprigs of parsley or rosemary, for serving
- Special equipment: round cutting for cookies with a diameter of 6 cm.
- In a large skillet with a thick bottom over low heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, salt, pepper, herbs and sugar. Stir to evenly distribute. Continue to fry on very low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is caramelized and becomes dark golden, from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 245 ° C.
- Roll the pizza dough into a round layer 0.5 cm thick. Cutting 24 circles out of the dough for cookies. Arrange the circles on a large baking sheet. Put a small spoonful of caramelized onion on each round of dough. Put some goat cheese on top. Bake until golden until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- While the pizzas are still hot, add each piece of prosciutto. Put on a serving plate and garnish with sprigs of parsley or rosemary. Serve immediately.