Recipe author – Paula Dean (Paula Deen) – famous chef, TV presenter, restaurant owner, culinary writer
At the height of the tomato season, please your loved ones with this amazing Italian-style tomato pie. Fresh ripe tomatoes are used in the preparation, which are laid in layers on the finished base for the pie (pie), sprinkled with chopped basil and green onions on top, and everything is covered with a mixture of grated mozzarella and cheddar in mayonnaise. Before laying the tomatoes on the base of the pie, sprinkle them with salt and let the excess water drain. When baking, the cheese topping of the pie is browned, and the filling warms up, and the tastes of sweet tomatoes, onions and fragrant basil are mixed in one bright bouquet.
Time: 1 hour. 15 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 fresh chopped basil leaves
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 finished base for pie (share) with a diameter of 22 cm.
- 1 tbsp. grated mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. grated cheddar
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Put the tomatoes in a single layer in a colander and place in the sink. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 minutes to glass the water.
- Place the tomato slices, basil and green onions on the prepared base for the pie. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix grated cheese with mayonnaise. Put the mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes until the filling is browned.
- Cut the pie into slices and serve warm.