If you bought not very ripe and astringent persimmons, then just in this pie it will perfectly fit. We need the hardest and most ugly persimmon – one that is not suitable for fresh food.
Persimmon of any ripeness will go into the pie, if only it could be cut into slices, and not the one that turns into a shapeless jelly-like mass when the skin is first damaged.
On a thick and crumbly layer of shortcrust pastry, a juicy fruit filling is obtained under cream and cream glaze.
The composition for the test:
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg white
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups flour
- 100 gr. butter or spread
- 15 gr baking powder, but I took less
- 150 gr. sour cream
- 1 yolk
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara
- 2 tbsp flour without a slide
- Persimmon (I took 4 not very large fruits)
How to make persimmon pie:
- Beat eggs with sugar, add melted non-hot oil, flour with baking powder, vanilla. Knead everything. The dough will turn out better than pancakes.
- Put it in an even layer, leveling with a hand dipped in water, in the form of 24-26 cm.
- Next, cut the prepared persimmon into two halves along. Remove seeds and cut into centimeter-thick plastic. Spread the entire surface of the dough with these persimmon semicircles. If there are thin slices, then put a little overlap.
- Prepare the fill by mixing all the ingredients, and evenly cover the entire pie.
- Bake as usual in your oven until cooked. The main thing is not to overdry. The top can be grabbed by the fingers a little, but when it cools, it will harden, turning into a smooth, delicate coating of the pie. In my gas, he baked for 30 minutes.
- On the second day, the cake becomes even tastier than warm. But persimmons could have been taken a little more. After covering with cling film, the sour cream glazes again and turns into a custard.
Recipe from our reader: Inna Glushchenko