Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Fill the bread basket on the dining table with fragrant corn bread with cheddar and jalapenos, and by the end of the dinner there won’t be any crumbs in it! He is so good for his spicy taste and extraordinary texture. In addition to jalapeno peppers, chopped green onions add a pleasant spicy taste to pastries. Stir in a piece of onion with grated cheese and peppers into the dough, and spread the remaining green onions and cheddar on the surface of the dough. So your corn bread is covered with amazing cheese crust. Serve corn bread instead of regular bread for any meal or as a snack.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. premium flour
- 1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 Art. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. l baking powder
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 220 gr unsalted butter, melted + extra to grease the mold
- 220 gr aged sharp cheddar, grated, split
- 1/3 Art. chopped green onions + additionally for topping
- 3 tbsp. l fresh jalapenos peeled, chopped and chopped
- Combine wheat and corn flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and butter. With a wooden spoon, mix the liquid mixture into dry until most of the lumps have dissolved. Do not knead the dough for too long! Stir in 2 tbsp. grated cheddar, green onions and jalapenos and let the dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Lubricate with a butter a mold measuring 22 x 32 x 5 cm.
- Pour the dough into the prepared form, smooth the surface and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar and green onions. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve corn bread warm or at room temperature.