Recipe Author – Serena Ball – baker, nutritionist, and author of Mediterranean diet cookbooks
This delicious Greek-style pizza is cooked from scratch much faster than traditional Italian pizza. You do not have to knead the dough with your hands or use the purchased. The highlight of this recipe is batter! Pour it into a suitable shape and bake the cake, and eggplant, sweet peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, artichokes and Greek feta cheese are great for topping in a Mediterranean style. It turns out very juicy. And for a more refreshing taste, sprinkle the prepared pizza with mint leaves and garnish with lemon slices. All tastes are perfectly combined with each other. Ideal for the summer!
Calories 224, total fat 6 g. saturated fats 2 g. squirrels eleven g. carbohydrates 33 g. cellulose 5 g. cholesterol 0 mg., sodium 467 mg., sugar 4 g.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 eggplant, sliced in circles 0.5 cm thick.
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in circles 0.5 cm thick.
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. l cornmeal
- 3/4 Art. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano rubbed with fingers
- 3/4 Art. skim milk
- 2 large eggs whipped
- 8 canned artichokes from a can (425 gr.), Rinse and cut in half
- 1/4 Art. thinly chopped red onions
- 1 tbsp. cut cherry tomatoes in half
- 55 gr. (0.5 tbsp.) Crumbled feta
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Cover parchment with 2 large baking sheets.
- Put the eggplant slices in a colander in the sink and sprinkle 1/8 tsp. salt, flip slices and sprinkle another 1/8 tsp. salt. This step helps remove bitterness.
- Put sweet pepper in a large bowl and mix with 1 tsp. olive oil. Lay on one prepared baking sheet.
- Rinse the salt off the eggplant and dry the slices with a paper towel. Put the eggplant in a bowl and mix with the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Lay them on another prepared baking sheet and bake peppers and eggplant, swapping baking sheets in the middle of baking, for 20 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a mold measuring 37 x 25 cm (or 22 x 32 cm) with a cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal; set aside. Combine both flours, oregano, 1/4 tsp in a large bowl. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. In a small bowl, beat the milk with eggs; mix with flour mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and flatten the dough. Top with baked eggplant and peppers.
- Bake pizza for 10 minutes. Switch the oven to grill mode and put artichokes, red onions, cherry tomatoes and cheeses on pizza. Fry in grill mode until the cheese melts and turns golden, for about 5 minutes. Watch your pizza closely.
- Sprinkle pizza with mint leaves and serve with lemon wedges.