Recipe Author – Robin Miller – Culinary Writer and Nutritionist
Add a little cornmeal and honey to the dough for ordinary pancakes, and their taste and aroma will become more summer, warm and new. The text also includes wheat flour, milk, sugar, an egg and a baking powder. Fry them in a pan or on a griddle in vegetable oil and enjoy the crisp and soft texture inside. Fritters are cooked in minutes and are great for an energizing breakfast.
Time: 15 minutes.
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 and 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 1/3 Art. Sahara
- 3/4 Art. yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3/4 Art. milk
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 1/4 Art. rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg or protein 2 large eggs
- Sprinkle a large griddle with a culinary spray and heat over moderate heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and make a depression in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, honey, vegetable oil and an egg. Pour the mixture into the center of the flour mixture and knead the dough.
- Pour 1/4 tablespoon onto the grid dough for each corn tortilla. Fry for 2 minutes on each side, until they swell, become golden and fried.