Unlike the traditional recipe, Florentine eggs, along with sauce and spinach, are baked in elegant ramekin. Such an unusual presentation will undoubtedly please your guests during a Sunday brunch or a light dinner. The recipe is designed for 4 servings. Put thick creamy sauce with parmesan, spinach, shallots and slices of ham in each ramekin, make a recess in the center of each serving and beat in it an egg. Then everything is sprinkled with grated mozzarella and baked so that the egg white solidifies, and the yolk remains liquid. Eat Florentine eggs with a spoon and enjoy.
Time: 55 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 150 gr. small spinach
- 1 tbsp. l unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 80 gr. chopped ham, preferably sugar free, chop coarsely
- 1.5 tbsp. fat cream
- 0.5 tsp mustard
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 Art. grated parmesan
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 Art. grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. l fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Special equipment: 4 ramekin in a volume of 240 ml.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Add spinach to boiling water, stir until it wilts for a few seconds, and use a slotted spoon to transfer it to an ice bath. Drain the spinach and place on a clean kitchen towel. Roll a towel with spinach to remove all the water. Separate the lumps and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat and add butter. When the butter has melted, add the shallots and fry, stirring, until soft and light golden in color, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ham and sauté for another 1 minute. Add cream and stir in mustard, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in the parmesan. Simmer until the sauce thickens a little, 2-3 minutes, then add spinach and turn off the heat.
- Place four 240 ml frames. on a baking sheet and evenly distribute the creamy sauce between them. Push a little filling to the edges with a spoon, making a small indentation in the center. Break the egg into the center of each ramekin and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle each serving 1 tbsp. l grated mozzarella.
- Bake, until the desired degree of readiness of the eggs, and the tops should be browned, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.