These delicious and healthy egg bowls are ideal for those on a ketogenic diet, as well as for anyone who loves a combination of scrambled eggs, toasted ham and cheese. They can be prepared for breakfast or as a snack, which is convenient to take with you. They are good both in hot and in cold form. The base of the egg bowls is prosciutto ham. To give it the desired shape, the slices are laid out in muffin tins and filled with filling: grated mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, baked peppers and a beaten egg. Everything is laid out in layers, and the bowls are baked until the eggs are frozen.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. l unsalted butter, melted
- 6 large thin slices of prosciutto (approximately 150 gr.)
- 1/3 Art. grated mozzarella
- 1/4 Art. grated parmesan
- 1/4 Art. tightly laid leaves of small spinach, chopped
- 1/4 Art. baked sweet peppers chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 Art. fat cream
- Place the grid in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Lubricate the metal mold with 6 standard muffins with butter (oil will accumulate at the bottom of the cells – this is normal). Put a slice of prosciutto into each cell, folding it so that the entire inner surface of the cell is closed and no metal is visible. Distribute the grated mozzarella evenly over the cells, then evenly distribute the parmesan, spinach and baked peppers.
- In a large measuring glass or small jug, beat the eggs with cream; add a little salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the cells without overfilling them.
- Bake until the eggs have frozen and will only tremble slightly in the center for 10-12 minutes (the eggs will continue to bake after removing from the oven). Let cool for 5 minutes, then separate the prosciutto with the pastry trowel from the walls of the mold and transfer the bowls to a serving dish.