If you love pizza on a thick cake, then this Detroit pizza pizza will win you over from the first piece. Another highlight is crispy cheese edges, and another Detroit pizza has a rectangular shape. For baking, you can use the usual square shape for cakes. Put the dough into it, spread pepperoni and mozzarella cubes on top and cover everything with pizza sauce. Pizza is baked at the maximum temperature of the oven, until the cheese melts and becomes crispy at the edges. Cut the pizza so that everyone gets at least one extreme side, and enjoy its piquant taste and wonderful texture.
Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 serving of pizza dough, see recipe below
- 220 gr about 0.3 cm thick pepperoni slices (look for narrower sausages)
- 450 gr cheese, for example, mozzarella from whole milk, diced into 1 cm cubes.
- Pizza sauce, purchased or homemade, see recipe below
- Special equipment: rectangular pizza shape, optional
- 2 and 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp fast yeast
- 1 tsp Sahara
- Olive oil to grease a bowl
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- 2 tsp dry italian seasoning
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned grated tomatoes
- 2 tsp Sahara
- Place the wire rack in the lower part of the oven and preheat the oven to the highest temperature, approximately 260 ° C.
- Pour olive oil into a large square metal cake pan (or, ideally, a real Detroit pizza cake). Put the pizza dough in the mold and gently stretch it until it reaches the corners. If the test is hard to work, set it aside for 10 minutes to relax, and try again.
- Put slices of pepperoni on the dough. Then spread the cheese cubes over the entire surface, especially around the perimeter, to the very edge of the pan (this will help create a crispy cheese crust). Put the pizza sauce on top in a 3-line spoon.
- Bake in the oven, heated to the maximum, until a golden and crispy cheese crust forms, 10-15 minutes. Loosen the edges with a thin spatula and lay the pizza on a chopping board. Cut into small squares and serve!
- Pizza dough:
Put flour, salt, yeast and sugar in a food processor with a blade attachment and beat to mix. Add 1 tbsp. warm water, then mix until a ball is formed, about 30 seconds (if the ball does not form, add some more flour). Beat for another 30 seconds, then roll the dough into a tight bowl and place it in a bowl lightly greased with olive oil. Put in a warm place so that the dough doubles, about 2 hours.
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic and fry until aromatic; do not let the garlic burn. Add tomatoes and sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes. Set the sauce aside to cool.
Output: 2.5 tbsp.