Everyone will love this variegated delicious breakfast casserole. Even those who do not follow a diet. It consists of minced pork chorizo, fried red onions, a lot of grated cheese, spinach and baked vegetables. All components of the casserole are prepared separately, and then laid out in layers in the casserole, poured with egg mixture, and everything is baked until the eggs are frozen. For a mixture of baked vegetables, prepare turnips, radishes and celery root. They blend perfectly with each other and after baking acquire a delicate texture. Serve the casserole with a sprinkle of sour cream. Ideal for a hearty, protein and fiber rich breakfast.
Time: 1 hour. 15 minutes.
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. l unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 medium turnip (approximately 220 gr.), Peeled and diced into 1 cm.
- 1 package 220 gr. radishes (about 1 bunch), cut large into 4 parts, small – in half
- 1/4 of the middle celery root (approximately 110 g.), Peeled and diced into 1 cm.
- 0.5 tsp ground zira
- 450 gr raw chorizo sausages, shell remove
- 1 small red onion, diced 1 cm.
- 1 block (220 gr.) Monterey Jack cheese, grate
- 3 tbsp. tightly chopped small spinach
- 1/3 Art. fat cream
- 12 large eggs
- Sour cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Grease a baking dish measuring 22 x32 cm. 1 tbsp. l butter.
- Put turnips, radishes and celery on a baking sheet. Melt the remaining 1 tbsp. l butter and sprinkle vegetables. Sprinkle with zira, 1 tsp. salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix to coat vegetables.
- Bake, mixing once in the middle of the baking, until the vegetables are completely soft and begin to brown, about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 175 ° C.
- Meanwhile, put the chorizo in a large frying pan, heat over medium heat and fry, stirring with a wooden spoon, to break up large pieces, until cooked, for about 5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo with a slotted spoon to the prepared baking dish and distribute in an even layer, leaving the melted fat in the pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and fry, scraping from the bottom of the pan all adhered pieces of chorizo, until the onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes (see Note).
If the onion does not release enough fluid to scrape off the adhered pieces of chorizo, add up to 1/3 tbsp. water, a little at a time, to help scrape them out. Remember to then evaporate all the water.
- Put the fried onions on top of the chorizo in the mold and sprinkle half the Monterey Jack cheese. Put spinach in an even layer on top of the cheese and spread the baked vegetables on top.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream, eggs, 1 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Pour the egg mixture on top of everything in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top
- Bake until the middle hardens, 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the casserole with sour cream before serving.